Here I go again. I have joined the 2014 Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team and will be running this year's Boston Marathon on April 21st, 2014. This will be my eighth marathon, fourth Boston Marathon, and fourth time running for such an amazing cause.

I will be running 26.2 miles in honor of my Mother, a breast cancer survivor. I am also running in memory of my Grandfather James H. Smith, Grandmother Nancy Baumhauer, Uncle Ray Saddington, and friends Patricia Marchetti, Frances Angino, Anthony Marchetti Sr. and Heather Thibodeau.

A full 100% of funds raised by DFMC benefit the Claudia Adams Barr Program in innovative cancer research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, widely recognized as one of the largest and most successful programs of its kind. Based on rigorous and highly selective process, the Barr Program funds the brightest, most creative scientists making research discoveries that are transforming cancer treatment. Barr investigators have made numerous major breakthroughs resulting in improved survival rates and quality of life for thousands of patients everywhere.

I need your help. I have committed to raise $4000 to run for this cause but my goal is to raise over $9000. You can help by making a donation for this amazing cause, to find a cure for cancer.

Click here to support my cause.


Thank you in advance for your support. It really means so much to me.

Nancy C. Smith


Saturday, December 29, 2012

Beauty Bash Cancer Benefit

Please join me at James Joseph Salon on Sunday, February 17 from 6:30-9:30pm for a night of hairstyling, makeup, manicures, food and cocktails.  Their will also be an opportunity drawing as well as a silent auction.   Tickets are $50 in advance or $55 at the door.  To purchase opportunity drawing and admission tickets please email me NcSmith1980@yahoo.com.  Act fast, only a limited amount of tickets available. Bring all of your friends!!  I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment